Friday, September 12, 2014

Another Accomplishment

Yesterday I went to have my pre op appointments for my surgery which is next Thursday. I am proud to announce that I have lost eight more pounds bringing my total up to seventy pounds lost since I started this weight loss journey in January. I am so proud of myself! I know now that I can do it! I have the determination, so I know I can do it!
 It feels good to put on my clothes now and they are loose. I can do so much more know than before. I feel good knowing that I'm sticking to this journey. I have had a lot of ups and downs while on this journey, but I have not slid back into unhealthy eating habits. It also feels good to see people that I know saying that they are proud of me. Most importantly, I'm proud that I'm doing this without help. I credit my faith in God for giving me the strength to continue on this journey. I know that I didn't gain the weight all in one time so I know it will take time and work to lose it. I know I'm up to the challenge.
 I have had several people tell me that I'm an inspiration to them. When I started out, it was to work on myself physically and emotionally. Because all through my life, I have suffered from self esteem issues. I felt like I couldn't have a good relationship because of my weight. In school, I had very few friends because I felt it was because of my weight. I used to get teased all the time. In high school, I wasn't popular at all. If  girls talked to me at all it was to try and get me to convince my brother to go out with them because he was popular. For a time, school was so bad that I quit going for a time the end of my junior/senior year. I had some good people come into my life and encouraged me not to give up. One was my high school counselor Ms. Kelsaw and the woman I call my second mom Mary Lou! These ladies was there for me and encourage me to be the best I can be. I also want to thank Mr. Hoffman. Even though I didn't have a class with him, he guided me as well.  They wasn't afraid to tell me truth whether I wanted to hear it or not.
  For anyone that is struggling with your weight, please don't give up! Take it one day at a time. If you fall, just pick yourself back up because you have another day to get it right. I eat healthy everyday but I occasionally have a cheat day. But even then I watch my calorie intake. My best advice is to drink plenty of water! That is all I drink now! Last but not least, Henry I know you are smiling down on me and so proud of  me!

No comments:

Post a Comment