Friday, June 20, 2014

The Reason I Started My Weight Loss Journey

In November of 2013, I went to the doctor and found out that I had gained backed some of the weight that I had lost in 2012. I decided then that I was going to lose weight at the beginning of the year.
  January 2014, I started this journey.  I cut back on all my sweets. I stopped drinking sodas, and I cut out all bread. I started eating healthier.  What I have done so far is switched over from eating beef to eating only ground turkey and chicken.  I am also eating more veggies and fruit. The biggest accomplishment for me is drinking water. That is all I am drinking now.
  When I went back to the doctor, I found out that I had lost 20 lbs. That was a shock to me!! I was excited and proud of myself.  In November of 2013, I was weighing 428.  In February, I was down to 408.  Now I am at 393. I am so proud of all the weight I have lost so far.
  Tomorrow will be three weeks since I have started walking. Each day I walk, I feel better. I am determined to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to be around for my boys. Also to be healthier for myself.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Jennifer!! Your an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jennifer!! Keep up the good work and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God got everything you need.to help you reach your goal. It's your season to open up your window and pour out your blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome, Jennifer!!! You are/will be an inspiration to many! As Vara said above, God will give you everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration! ! May God continue to bless you and guide you through your journey! !

    ReplyDelete