Thursday, July 10, 2014

A big difference

I am just sitting here thinking about all the changes that I have made to be fit and healthy. When I started my weight loss journey, I was just striving to be healthier.  Never did I imagine that people would be inspired by what I am doing. I was in awe and it humbled me so much. This is coming from a woman that has struggled with weight issues since I was a little girl. I have never been skinny and have just been fluffy.
   I was raised not to waste food and to eat everything that is on your plate. Of course that what I did. I have to admit that I love to eat food. I remember my grandmother home cooking every night. It was simply amazing. As I got older, food became my best friend. I now realize that it was hurting me in the long run. Over the years, I have tried every diet to the point of starving myself.  I would lose a few pounds and then a life event would happen and I would gain it back plus more.
  Now I can truly see the difference in how much weight I have lost. When my son Marcus took my picture on Sunday when we reached our walking destination,  I thought nothing of it. But I looked at the pictures I had in my phone, I really could finally all my hard work is paying off. I'm eating right, walking everyday, and now I am joining the gym up the street from my house. I'm going to continue on my journey until I reach where I feel comfortable with my weight. I am finally learning to love myself and that in itself is a great feeling. I am finally doing something for me and it's making me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment