Sunday, July 27, 2014

Two Weeks At the Gym

This past Friday marked two weeks since I joined the gym. I am loving it so far. I also go to the Zumba class that is offered two days a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. I am enjoying that as well! Finding myself getting used to going to both as a part of my losing weight and getting fit. I look forward to going to both activities in addition to my walks everyday. I'm trying not to let the exercise bike  get the best of me. As of Friday I did 4 miles in 18 minutes.  To me and my body shape that is an accomplishment. Trying so hard to shed these pounds so I can get back into the work force. I know I didn't gain it all at once, so I know losing it is going to take time. I feel like I'm letting my kids down because I'm not financially stable. Like last week I had to tell them that I couldn't afford to go school shopping for them this year because of bills having to be paid. I haven't turned to food to comfort me while I'm going through this little bump in the road. Instead I go walking and exercise to keep my mind occupied.  I know He is to make a way so I try not to worry and stress about things. Everyday is a struggle and I'm taking it step by step day by day. Just know that I'm not giving up! I am going to shed these pounds and make a better life for me and my boys. I have to thank my oldest son Chris because he makes sure I go to the gym everyday. Marcus is my walking partner and he makes sure that I walk everyday. He may not go all the time but he goes every time I go. I just want to again thank my supporters and my friends and family. Just knowing that you all are in my corner makes me smile. I have been told by so many that I have inspired them. I'm glad that my journey is helping. This coming from me a person that was teased constantly through school. Talked about and put down so many times. But I'm still standing. Keeping my eyes on the prize and that is to better my health. Like I told my boys, turning 42 in September is going to be my new 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment