Thursday, July 17, 2014

Compliments and Inspiration

It makes my heart feel glad when I go on my walks and I see people. They either wave or stop to tell me what a good job that I'm doing. When I started on this weight loss journey, it was to get healthier so that my overall health could improve. Also to be around to watch my two boys grow up. I started this blog to help me keep focused and motivated.
   Today I was having a rough day. I was sore from Zumba and from my exercise and walk yesterday. Marcus and I walked to the library and to the store. While I was in the store, I had two people to come up to me and tell me how proud they was. This definitely brighten my day!! Even through my posts on Facebook and here on my blog, I have people telling me how proud they are of me!! But you know what makes me happy when my boys tell me how proud of me they are. That is the greatest feeling in the world!! Yesterday I was dragging my feet about going to the gym because I was sore from the bike on Monday. My oldest Chris said mom I know you're going to the gym. I said yes I am!! I thank him yesterday for motivating me because for a moment I was thinking about quitting. But then I said no I'm not!! Because I got my eyes on the prize and that is my overall health.  In time, the gym is going to be my friend. I thought I wasn't doing enough, but I was close to overdoing it.  So my lesson was to take my time and I will get the results I'm striving for!! I didn't gain the weight all at one time, so losing the weight is going to take time.  I really enjoyed Zumba and the gym!! I'm going to find the balance between my walking, Zumba, and the gym. I like how I'm losing my weight the natural way. Before at various times,I tried all kinds of diets. I would lose the weight but gain it back plus more! I'm determined to lose it and keep it off!! I know I'm doing at good job because my doctor sent me my labs results and on the results she wrote keep up the awesome job!! That really made me smile!! I just want to tell all my friends and supporters thanks for believing in me!! I now know that I can achieve my goals. If my blog is helping or inspiring someone then that makes me happy too! One day when I reach my goal, I believe I'm going to go back through all these post and maybe write a book. #TeamWalkingTheWeightOff is my slogan.

No comments:

Post a Comment